October 31, 2013
Throughout the month of November, Stereo East Home Theater will be collecting food and other necessities to donate to Frisco Family Services’ Food Pantry. Frisco Family Services operates the only food pantry in Frisco, and they distribute more than 40,000 pounds of food each month. During the busy holiday months, the food pantry sees a sharp increase in demand for the vital service.
Help Stereo East Feed Hungry Neighbors
Frisco Family Services is a Partner Agency of the North Texas Food Bank, and both organizations rely heavily on donations from individuals and businesses in the community. At this time, the food pantry is in need of the following items:
- Peanut Butter
- Canned Pasta Meals
- Boxed Meal Helpers
- Boxed Mac and Cheese
- Children’s Cereals
- Fruit Cups
- Fruit Juices (small boxes or pouches)
- Flour (5 lb. size or smaller)
- Baking Mixes
- Cooking Oils (48 oz. size or smaller)
- Snack Items (popcorn, granola bars, etc.)
- Saltine Crackers
- Ketchup or Mayonnaise
- Laundry Detergent (approximately 40 load size or smaller)
- Size 4 and Size 5 Diapers
- Body wash / Shampoo
Donate to Win a Free HD TV from Stereo East
As a thank you, Stereo East will give away a FREE 32” HD TV to one lucky winner. To enter the drawing, simply bring items to donate to Frisco Family Services. You may drop off your donation at Stereo East’s showroom located at 9150 Warren Parkway in Frisco. The showroom is open from 10-7 on Monday through Friday and from 10-6 on Saturday.
We’re looking forward to hosting a successful drive, and we hope to see you at our showroom in November!
September 26, 2013
In a previous blog post, we shared tips on how to shop for your new HDTV. In this post, we’d like to focus specifically on one of the most important features of HDTVs, the resolution. The latest and greatest HDTVs feature 4K Ultra HD resolution.
What is 4K Ultra HD?
Simply put, Ultra HD has four times the resolution of full high definition (1080p). Higher resolution means more pixels, and more pixels equal a better picture.
Why Upgrade to Ultra HD?
In addition to the enhanced display and picture quality, Ultra HD offers other advantages, including:
- Shorter viewing distance – since there are four times as many pixels, it’s harder to see individual pixels when sitting close to the TV or projection screen. This means you can still get a clear picture even when sitting closer than before.
- A true cinematic experience – many films, and even some TV shows, are currently filmed directly in the 4K format, so you’re able to see content exactly as the creators intended.
- Greater level of detail – the higher number of pixels allows for enhanced color reproduction and conveys a more profound sense of depth. Viewers sometimes believe 4K pictures are 3D, even when they are not.
- Makes everything look better – with that many pixels, you have to have some real processing power behind the display. These TVs have incredible on-board computers that make even the normal 1080p content you are used to look astounding!
The Future of 4K
As 4K technology becomes more and more mainstream, 4K content will also become more readily available. In fact, Sony has already released their 4K media player, exclusively for use with Sony’s Ultra HD TVs. The media server comes preloaded with ten movies and is on pace to support over 100 titles by the end of the year, including some summer blockbusters. Renting or purchasing Ultra HD content will be as easy as a push of a button.
Ultra HD TVs and Projectors on Display at Stereo East
Visit Stereo East Home Theater’s showroom to see Ultra HD in action. We have 4K TVs from Sony and LG, along with a Sony 4K projector. We also have experienced consultants available to answer your questions. If you’d like to set up an appointment, simply contact us!
August 16, 2013
With the start of football season right around the corner, many of our clients are in search of a fantastic, new television. But it can’t just be any TV. It has to be a TV that makes you feel like you’re sitting in the stadium. A TV that makes your house the place to be on game days. A TV the entire family can enjoy.
Overwhelmed by HDTV Specifications?
Unfamiliar terminology is often a hurdle when beginning your search for an HDTV. At Stereo East Home Theater, we understand this frustration. Even if you bought a TV a couple of years ago, the sets on the market today have many different features due to advances in technology. To help you get started, here’s a list of the most common specifications used to compare TVs:
- Resolution – Today, most TVs have, at minimum, 1080p high-definition resolution. This means there are about 2 million pixels (1,920 x 1,080) on your screen. Some higher-performance TVs even have 4K resolution. Basically, 4K means four times the resolution of regular HD, or the equivalent of 8 million pixels. The more pixels, the better the detail and picture quality.
- Contrast ratio – Essentially, this is the difference (or shades of gray) between the brightest and darkest scenes of the picture. However, there is no industry standard on how contrast ratio should be measured, so it’s probably better to trust your own eyes rather than the numbers. Don’t look for brightness, but rather focus on the detail in the dark areas of the image.
- Refresh rate – Refresh rate is measured in hertz and refers to how often the TV refreshes the picture. Depending on the type of content you typically view, a higher refresh rate helps to improve smooth motion.
- Smart TV – A Smart TV allows you to connect it to the internet, allowing you to stream content, use your favorite apps, and share photos and videos.
Let the Experts at Stereo East Home Theater Help You
Doing your research is great, but specs and features aren’t everything. Remember these four tips when you begin shopping for your new HDTV:
- Choose a picture you like, not what you heard was great, and not what your friends told you. Many companies try to confuse you with features. Pick what looks good, feels comfortable, and does what you need.
- Check with the experts for a reliable TV. The last thing you want is to buy an expensive set and find out later that it is unreliable. Stereo East installs equipment in more than 700 media and family rooms per year. We know what stays working!
- Make sure it is easy to use. If you and your family can’t operate it, it doesn’t matter how good it is!
- To ensure the manufacturer’s warranty will be honored, be sure to purchase from an authorized dealer only.
At Stereo East‘s large showroom in Frisco, we have numerous flat panel TVs on display and expert consultants ready to help. We are an authorized dealer for HDTVs from Sony, LG, Panasonic, and Samsung. Visit us today!