April 16, 2020
After GoldenEar Technology’s Triton Reference Tower hit the scene in 2017, many wondered what would come next from the award-winning company. But for GoldenEar, the plan wasn’t to top their flagship tower; it was to develop new speakers using Reference-level technology. This led to the smaller Triton One.R tower, Invisa Signature Point Source (SPS) in-wall, and the SuperCenter Reference center channel speaker. The latest addition to that list is the Bookshelf Reference X (BRX).
The BRX Borrows from the Triton Reference
The BRX incorporates a 6” cast-basket bass/midrange driver and a High-Velocity Folded Ribbon tweeter, similar to those used in the Triton Reference. To tackle the challenge of delivering proper bass response from a compact, passive speaker, the BRX features an integrated a pair of 6.5” planar infrasonic radiators in an inertially balanced configuration. According to GoldenEar Technology, this method leads to increased bass extension.
The BRX comes with magnetic black speaker grilles and also mirrors the Triton Reference’s aesthetics with its piano black lacquer finish As expected, the Bookshelf Reference X was meticulously designed to match the flagship towers and the SuperCenter Reference.
Rave Reviews for the Bookshelf Reference X
The BRX has continued GoldenEar’s tradition of receiving exceptional reviews and awards:
- “The company’s latest addition brings the good looks and highly sweated-over sound of its Reference line to a compact package that, at $1,599/pair, marks an affordable entry point for high-end performance.” –Al Griffin, Sound & Vision
- “The BRX produced surprisingly big bass and a wonderfully broad soundstage.” –Brent Butterworth, Soundstage
- “Like all GoldenEar products, these punch way above their weight and deliver fantastic sound for the price.” –John Sciacca, Residential Systems
Visit Stereo East to Audition the BRX from GoldenEar
When you’re ready to audition the Bookshelf Reference X speakers, visit us at Stereo East Home Theater. Feel free to bring in some of your favorite music for the demo if you’d like. Our design consultants are ready to answer your questions and determine which GoldenEar products will work best for your application. We can also review setup tips and specifics to ensure you get the best performance from your speakers. Stereo East Home Theater has been an authorized dealer for GoldenEar Technology since 2013.
April 2, 2020
It’s that wonderful time of year when the newest TV models begin to ship. This year, we’re particularly excited about Samsung’s 4K QLED TVs. As the largest TV manufacturer in the world with nearly a third of global market share, Samsung knows how to take a TV from just great to spectacular. The Samsung 4K QLED Q70T and Q80T series for 2020 are no exception.
Samsung Class Q70T 4K Smart TV
Available in a variety of screen sizes from 55” to 85”, the Q70T series is a great mid-level choice for an Ultra HD 4K TV. It’s packed with popular Samsung features, including:
- Quantum Dot Technology – delivers a massive spectrum of over a billion shades of color
- Quantum Processor 4K – automatically optimizes the picture for a realistic experience
- 4K AI Upscaling – upscales content to 4K clarity by reducing noise and restoring lost detail
- Adaptive Picture – adjusts the TV automatically to deliver an amazing picture regardless of the environment lighting
- Active Voice Amplifier – analyzes background noise in your room to boost dialogue volume accordingly
Pricing for the Q70T TVs currently start at $999.
Samsung Class Q80T 4K Smart TV
A step-up from the Q70T series, the Samsung 4K QLED Q80T class includes all of the features mentioned above while also incorporating important upgrades:
- Direct Full Array – backlight system with local dimming delivers greater contrast and deeper blacks for an enhanced, cinematic viewing experience
- Object Tracking Sound – upward and downward firing speakers for realistic 3D sound
The Q80T QLED series comes in screen sizes from 49” to 85” and starts at $1,099.
Shop Samsung 4K QLED TVs at Stereo East Home Theater
We realize it can be overwhelming to shop for a new TV, so that’s why our knowledgeable design consultants are available to help. Depending on the specifics of your room, the content you watch, and your personal preferences and budget, we can help you narrow down your choices and make specific recommendations. Contact Stereo East today or visit our showroom in Frisco when you’re ready to get started. Stereo East Home Theater serves Southlake, Flower Mound, Prosper, Allen, and surrounding areas.
March 2, 2020
What does a typical evening at home look like for your family? Perhaps you’re cooking dinner while streaming your favorite show, your kids are on their tablets finishing homework, and your spouse is on the laptop emailing coworkers. Now, imagine the chaos when your home’s internet connection fails during this time. Unfortunately, this happens far more frequently than any of us would like, but here at Stereo East Home Theater, we have a solution for this problem. An Araknis Networks system delivers best-in-class performance and dependability for today’s technology-filled and connected lifestyle.
Seamless Connectivity for Your Increasingly-Connected Lifestyle
All of Araknis’s products are engineered to work together to create a reliable network that’s easy to manage, too. Moreover, products are thoroughly tested in their own lab to ensure quality and dependability.
Araknis Networks products include:
• Routers – the entire line supports Gigabit Internet and comes in different series to support networks of varying size
• Switches – managed and unmanaged enterprise-grade switches with and without POE capability
• Wireless Access Points (WAPs) – used to extend wireless coverage, Araknis offers a variety of WAPs depending on size and density
Best of all, each of Arankis’s devices are cloud-controllable. An Araknis Network paired with OvrC, a professional cloud-based solution, allows us to monitor and support your network remotely. Why is this important? By being able to check status, modify configurations, initiate reboots, and update firmware remotely, it means less downtime and frustration for you and your family.
Araknis Networks from Stereo East Home Theater
If it’s time to strengthen your home network, give Stereo East a call. With in-house network designers and specialists on staff, we’re ready to start when you are. We’ll discuss your home’s layout and family’s needs in order to create a network to fit your specific objectives. Call us or visit our showroom to learn more about the benefits of an Araknis Network for your home.